About

I recently realised how much I like to cook and I decided to make an online collection of recipes I've collected and tried. These are all pretty easy, and I have made many of them while watching a toddler, or at least during nap time.




Saturday, July 3, 2010

Peppermint Breeze Shampoo (name courtesy of Crystal)



what you need:

  • empty shampoo bottle (16 oz is great, I recommend one with a cap that has a small hole)
  • Peppermint Castille Soap (hint: Trader Joe's, natural stores, Amazon.com)
  • 100% Aloe Vera Gel [optional]
  • Lemon Juice (very important)
  • Jojoba Oil (again, TJ's or natural food stores)
  • distilled water
  • eucalyptus oil [optional]
Put 4 oz each of Castille soap and water in the bottle, add 2 oz lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon of Jojoba , 1 TBSP of Eucalyptus oil, and 2 TBSP of Aloe Vera

This is very thin, so instead of pouring in your hand, squirt it directly on your wet scalp, give yourself a good massaging, let sit for a couple of mins, and rinse. This can also be used as a body/face soap, but do not get it near eyes!!  I have noticed with my most recent batch (possibly due to the addition of Eucalyptus oil), it is a LOT thicker. Sometimes I have to add a TBSP of water and shake it up.

I highly recommend following up with an apple cider vinegar rinse. Get a spray bottle or one that has a cap like this. Just squirt on to your hair. Yes, it will stink in the shower, but you will get used to it after a few uses. Once you rinse it out, you just smell peppermint. The acid smooths down the shaft of your hair, preventing knots and adding shine.

Conditioner is hard to make homemade and shelf stable. I recommend Trader Joe's spa conditioner. It is cheap, and has no sulfates. After 2 shampoos/conditions with this combo, almost all of my flaky dry skin is gone, and my hair looks and feels great! Amazing!!

**also recommend Organix Tea Tree Mint Conditioner, though it costs more than TJ's Conditioner

No comments:

Post a Comment