About

I recently realised how much I like to cook and I decided to make an online collection of recipes I've collected and tried. These are all pretty easy, and I have made many of them while watching a toddler, or at least during nap time.




Monday, July 20, 2009

Mexican Skillet

  • 2 c uncooked pasta (rotini works great)
  • about a pound of defrosted chicken breast cut to bite size pieces (i used a bit less)
  • 2 c (1lb) salsa
  • 2 c (10oz) frozen corn
  • 4 oz cream cheese (half a block)
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • couple dashes each of black and cayenne peppers
  • shredded cheese

cook pasta as directed

meanwhile, cook chicken in med-lg oiled skillet till done

add salsa, corn, cream cheese and spice, simmer until corn is heated and cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally

add drained pasta and about a handful of shredded cheese; stir in

top with more cheese and wait till its melted. I didn't cover it because there was still a lot of liquid from the salsa, but if it looks dry enough, cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment